Often in our lives we get ourselves into the rat race of achieving things which have a very high perceived value in our mind. Even after we reach these goals, we don’t have much to celebrate, rather we create more such goals to chase in the future. These goals can be something as basic as convincing your parents to buy you a new phone, or to score big in your boards examinations.
Here is what you really need to understand in order to get a real shot at shaping your future – It’s the journey of achieving something that you enjoy, than actually reaching there. The fact that you enjoy the journey so much, it’s almost inevitable for you to achieve that goal. We’ve all said the phrase, ‘Nothing comes easy’, well, it’s true. So give this a thought, you actually create a goal in your mind, so that you can take this journey, you enjoy it to the full, you see success and it all ends at the finish line while you achieve it. Almost instantly, your brain wants another race, another experience which you’ll love, another mistake you’ll commit and another glimpse of success.
How does it feel if you get up one day, and the entire day you don’t knock off something that you wanted to? Well, say you wanted to start preparing for an upcoming exam, or maybe you wanted to hit the gym or anything that you really really wanted that day. It feels like you’ve had the worst day possible, more so, you’ve lost a bit of your self-confidence, and a bit of your conviction has lessened. Factually, it’s the journey and the time you’ve lost today that makes you frustrated.
Here is a little something you can do every single day, or probably more days of the week than not, to get you to be in control of the things that matter –
- Value your time. Know what’s important and just go at it, the feeling you get while you do the right thing is the biggest drug of all times
- Be confident and happy. It’s how you feel that matters, rest everything is manageable. Happiness is the chase of life, nothing else, nothing more. Another thought, control drives happiness, even if something goes wrong and you know that you have control over it, that you can fix it. Keeps you confident and keeps you going.
- Take one day at a time. Your brain is designed to make you feel lazy, it resists change. Overcome it. Don’t create a string of events that keeps you away from the journey.
- Do something for each of the journeys you pursue. It can be a list of things, like a checklist. Health, happiness, wealth, learning and so on. Make sure you evolve on your checklist a little everyday. I can’t stress enough how important this is, you want to look back every now and then and cherish life.
- Act. Don’t assume. Don’t assume an alternative as a journey, make sure you do what you know. If you haven’t till now, this second is the best moment. I would love it if you shut this read right now, and go at it.
- Love yourself. Life loves you, really loves you. But if you create a wall of hatred between you and life, it can’t get you the goodies it has to offer.
At Project Mynt, we stand with you for the times when you confuse your journeys that you may/may not want. We curate journeys’/experiences worth a few weeks to get you a glimpse of things you might love as constant in your life. Experience them if you’ve given them a thought.
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to discuss anything. You may get a delayed response as I’m taking my own journeys at most times, but you’re definitely one of them and will definitely get a response.
All the best!